The Windows key on a keyboard is probably the least-used key on a keyboard for most PC users
For the sake of this blog post a PC user is someone using a computer with some flavor of Microsoft Windows.
There are a number of keyboard shorts that will make using your Windows computer much easier if you use keyboard shortcuts.
Here’s just a few of them:
- Windows key – displays the Start Menu
- Windows key + D – Shows the desktop/restores minimized windows
- Windows key + E – Opens and Explorer window
- Windows key + F – displays the find files window
- Windows key + L – locks the current user account
- Windows key + M – minimizes all windows
- Windows key + R – opens the run command
- Windows key + U – opens Ease of Access Center
If you’re looking for some other keyboard shortcuts that will make you a keyboarding genius check out Microsoft’s list at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301583
While those shortcuts are for XP, 90% of them will work for Vista and 7.
So tell me, do you use your Windows key? BTW, if you’re a Mac user you can ignore this post.