This is part 3 of a 3-part video series that I’m publishing about GetGlue. All of the videos are already available on my YouTube channel if you want to view them all.
In this video I demonstrate how to add a GetGlue check-in widget to a Facebook fan page. If you haven’t already added your podcast to their database then you’ll want to watch the first video about adding your podcast to the GetGlue database. You may also want to see how to add a check-in widget to your podcast’s website.
GetGlue has provided a Facebook app that you can install on a fan page which will create a check-in widget that fans can use to check-in to your website, podcast, topic, or service right on your fan page. I’m a podcaster so I’m going to focus on adding a widget for a podcast fan page. I’m also making the assumption that you already have an account with GetGlue and you’re using their browser add-on.
If video isn’t your thing, keep reading for basic instructions.
1.Go to the Glue page on Facebook. Note: the widget doesn’t support SSL yet so if you have your account set to always use https then you’ll need to switch out of that mode. Facebook will warn you about this.
2. Click “Add to my page” in the sidebar.
3. A list of pages will pop up, select the page you want to add the widget to.
4. Head over to the fan page and click the GetGlue check-in link in the sidebar.
5. Click “Select the object to check-in here”.
6. Add your podcast’s url (note: just add the part of the URL after
7. Tell your fans to start checking in!
That’s it for this series on GetGlue (for now). Make sure to let me know that you’ve added your podcast to the GetGlue database in the comments below.